Rosehip is a fruit that comes from the Rosa canina rose plant, which is native to Europe, Asia, and Africa. It is commonly used in skincare and hair care products due to its numerous benefits. Here are the ingredient details and benefits of rosehip for skin and hair:
- INCI name: Rosa Canina Fruit Extract
- Other names: Rosehip oil, Rosehip extract, Rosehip fruit oil
- Comedogenic rating: 1 (Low risk of clogging pores)
Benefits for skin:
- Anti-aging: Rosehip oil is rich in antioxidants, such as vitamins A, C, and E, that help to fight free radicals and prevent damage from UV radiation. It also contains essential fatty acids, like omega-3 and omega-6, that help to improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydration: Rosehip oil is a great natural moisturizer that helps to hydrate and nourish the skin. It is easily absorbed into the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
- Brightening: Rosehip oil contains natural vitamin C, which helps to brighten and even out skin tone. It also helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Acne-prone skin: Despite being an oil, rosehip oil has a low comedogenic rating and is suitable for acne-prone skin. It helps to regulate sebum production and reduce inflammation, which can lead to clearer, healthier-looking skin.
Benefits for hair:
- Hydration: Rosehip oil is a great natural conditioner that helps to hydrate and soften the hair. It can also help to reduce frizz and add shine.
- Scalp health: Rosehip oil is rich in fatty acids that help to nourish and moisturize the scalp, which can help to reduce dandruff and promote healthier hair growth.
- Lin, T. K., Zhong, L., & Santiago, J. L. (2017). Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils. International journal of molecular sciences, 19(1), 70. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19010070
- Faghihi, G., Iraji, F., & Bazarganipour, F. (2015). Effect of Rosa canina L. oil on prevention of striae gravidarum: A double-blind randomized controlled trial. Complementary therapies in clinical practice, 21(2), 73–77. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctcp.2015.02.001
- Ricci, M., Gammone, M. A., Tettamanti, G., & D’Orazio, N. (2018). Nutrients and bioactives in green leafy vegetables and cognitive decline: Prospective study. Antioxidants (Basel, Switzerland), 7(10), 133. https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox7100133
#RosehipOil #RosehipSeedOil #RosehipBenefits #RosehipSkincare #RosehipBeauty #RosehipExtract #OrganicRosehip #PureRosehipOil #NaturalBeauty #HealthySkin #GlowingSkin #RadiantSkin #AntiAging #SkincareRoutine #CleanBeauty #PlantBasedBeauty #VeganSkincare #CrueltyFreeBeauty #GreenBeauty #Naturalskincare #SkinRepair #BeautyFromNature #SkincareAddict #RosehipCleanser #RosehipFacialOil